Monday, July 1, 2013

"The Smith Home"

Journal June 27, Zane a young man getting ready to go on mission asked Elder Van Sickle to go with him home teaching.( So seeing how I am Elder Van Sickle's missionary companion that includes me ).
Zane has been asked to home teach 58 families. ( So 3 or 4 at home doesn't seem like that much ) 
     We entered the Smith home today. There was two sick people in the house. One lady there was sick with HIV Positive. She had spots on her face, body
and sores. You could feel the discouragement and poverty in the home. The house was in disarray.There was some clothes on the
couch. one of the children and I started folding them. I started to sing I am a child of God and he has sent me here. Emotion filled my heart because of there awful situation
and knowing that I am a child of god and he did send me to this very house. I couldn't continue singing. My mind is fuzzy what happened after that. I could hear
Zane in the back ground talking in Xhosa. When I was finally able to focus. We were here to give them a message and to give them help. Even when we have made
wrong choices in our lives. God will still send people to help us. He loves his children. When we first came on mission. We went to this house. Later on Elder Van Sickle
came and gave a blessing with the elders. There situation has gotten worst. The lord wants them to come back to his fold. They are his lost sheep.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment