Saturday, March 17, 2012

Update from Elder and Sister Van Sickle - We miss you!

Hi everyone, Missionary life is so tiring and rewarding and sometimes disappointing. I just wanted to tell you of and experience
Elder Van Sickle and I had a couple of weeks ago. I still think about it. We got a call from Bishop Mataluba. His mother is in
the hospital and just got out of I.C.U. We drove over to Cuyler Hospital to see her. She was so glad to see us. She is a sweet
lady. She was standing and got dizzy so we put her back in bed. She started to cry and Bishop was so sweet and soft with his mother. Such love and kindness there. He wiped her tears away and smoothed her hair back and kissed her on the cheek
telling her it was okay. I asked Bishop what was wrong. He said with a twinkle in his eye She is like you she
just cries. I held her hand and the thought came to me. That in the last blessing she had her first time in the
hospital that Elder Van Sickle got the sad feeling that she was going to pass away. She has been home
two weeks now and she is back in the hospital. I whispered in his mother's ear. You have such a good
son. His mother said I know it. He is such a strong member of the church. ( The bishop is only 28 years
old.) I asked the bishop, " How long have you been a member. He started laughing telling us about when
he was passing the sacrament and his mother would march into the chapel and drag him out of the church.
He said, She was really upset I was going to the L.D.S. Church. Then we got into a big fight when I was old
enough to go on a mission. She said no matter what I couldn't talk him out of it. I even told him I would
disown him if he went on a mission and wasted two years of his life for nothing. She said, I am so
embarrassed now that I said that. Bishop said, you know what I told her. I don't care if you disown me. The
members of my church will take care of me. She said, that her and her husband finally gave up. They said,
" Let him go on a mission he won't listen to us anyway." Then when bishop went into the M.T.C. He got
his patriartical blessing. It said he would be instrumental in the members of his family joining the churchHe said, She was really upset I was going to the L.D.S. Church. Then we got into a big fight when I was old
enough to go on a mission. She said no matter what I couldn't talk him out of it. I even told him I would
disown him if he went on a mission and wasted two years of his life for nothing. She said, I am so
embarrassed now that I said that. Bishop said, you know what I told her. I don't care if you disown me. The
members of my church will take care of me. She said, that her and her husband finally gave up. They said,
" Let him go on a mission he won't listen to us anyway." Then when bishop went into the M.T.C. He got
his patriartical blessing. It said he would be instrumental in the members of his family joining the church
While he was on his mission they joined the church. Sister Matato ( bishop's mother ) started to cry
again. She  said she wanted to go to the temple as soon as she got out . Bishop Mataluba ex-
plained to Elder Van Sickle and I that his mom and dad were taking the temple prep classes to go to
the temple. His mother is endowed and his father isn't endowed yet! We hope they make it to the temple
We left so she could rest. On the way out to the car bishop's wife called. When the bishop hung up.
He said, I have such a great wife. She is so supportive. Family is so important. I am so glad I have
a family to go home to at night and he left. Elder Van Sickle and I agreed this was a great night. What a
wonderful experience. Good Night  We love you all. Dad and Mom, Elder and Sister Van Sickle, Grandpa and Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment